Crossing the Pacific

Aidan Wilson aidan at USYD.EDU.AU
Tue May 6 04:25:20 UTC 2008

Ha, reminds me a bit of the tenuous geneological connection between
Dravidian languages and Australian languages based on place names (!)
such as "Parramatta", which is in Sydney (or just outside - depending on
how large you think Sydney spreads), and not even close to what should
be the locus of communication between the Subcontinent and Meganesia.

A relative of a friend told me this one most recently (I'd heard it
before), and his source? A dude that he knows sparingly who reads lots
of historical linguistics books. Excellent.

-Aidan