re SIL

Richard Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Wed May 7 15:43:11 UTC 2008

thanks for this Bill,
I admit i'm not a trained linguist though i'm having to learn quickly
the wierd  "language of linguists"    (((gag-yuck)))
i'm only a Wyandot tribal member on a path towards our own language
revitalization-recovery,
however even this study has given me new insights into  "word"
and how  "word" evolves meaning as it travels from its origins.
Tracing the spread of Buddhism from India through China into Japan
parallels Judeo-Christianity spreading far from its Mediterranean mooring.

To see a Reservation church with a baptismal (stock) tank and walls painted
with date palms,made to simulate (a mythically sparkling clear) Jordan River
 ...amazing

To read the novel-based Siddhartha and then to see the same one represented
as the gold surrounded cubby smiling Buddha in China  is
 ...amazing

To see a smiling portrait of blue-eyed blonde Jesus (the rabbi Yeshua)
surrounded by the earths laughing children of every ethnicity is
...amazing

I imagine if the story of our Wendat "PeaceMaker" had gone and spread into
Europe we Longhouse people would see similar evolution and be thinking wow
 ...amazing

Richard Zane Smith
Wyandotte Oklahoma