If English was good enough for Jesus...

Slavomír Čéplö bulbulthegreat at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 11 00:05:52 UTC 2008

Rudy,

it seems this is a old urban myth and the quote usually attributed to
Texas governor Ma Ferguson. It was discussed a number of times on
Language Log, e.g.
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003084.html

bulbul