Build a font...

Richard Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Sat May 17 16:07:04 UTC 2008

Heather ,

I'm no computer whiz either...
I use Ukelele and find it fairly straight forward
you might install it and play around with it.
With it you can actually create endless keyboard layouts
(for typing varied spellings of your language)

With Ukelele i can drag  a symbol from the "character palette"  and drop
them onto a key on the nice big picture of  a "keyboard"

Sometimes i forget which key i dropped a certain symbol on...
"dang it ,where did i put that nasalized o?"
Ukelele can open a miniaturized keyboard picture on the desktop that
lights up every key punched and shows me where that illusive symbol is
hiding.  "duuhh...oh yeah its over the capitol O key..."

Twice i created keyboards where i forgot to install some obscure symbol.
"dang it ,I forgot to install a lower case u !"
Ok i admit one frustration with this program
With Ukelele I find it difficult to ADD a symbol i forgot...somehow.

I usually end up creating a whole new keyboard
but oh well,  it is simple enough to do.

-Richard