Native linguists (and a plug for InterCom)

Lindsay Marean CASLS langsub at UOREGON.EDU
Wed Nov 5 17:27:05 UTC 2008

One minor correction-- although I am back in Oregon, I'm not pursuing a
PhD in education. I'm working as a practical linguist for the Pakanapul
Language Team (Tübatulabal) in Mountain Mesa, CA, and doing bits of
Potawatomi/Nishnaabemwin work/study on the side.

Also of tangential relevance to ILAT, I edit InterCom, a weekly e-mail
digest for language teachers provided by the Center for Applied Second
Language Studies. Subscribers select their language(s) of interest,
target age level(s), interest area(s), and state of residence so that
they receive only items that match their preferences. Although it is
targeted primarily at "world" language teachers, there are usually one
or two resources described each week that are of potential use to
indigenous language teachers and activists ("indigenous" is one of the
language options available to subscribers). You can see what InterCom is
all about, browse our archives, and subscribe if you would like to at
http://casls.uoregon.edu/intercom.php .

Thank you for compiling this list!

Lindsay Marean