DEL GRANTS and FELLOWSHIPS

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 1 17:03:47 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Claire Bowern's comments about the funding at NSF under the Documenting
Endangered Languages Program affords me the opportunity to mention that
there are a few changes going on. I have recently taken over as director for
this program from Doug Whalen, although he continues to stay involved with
endangered language issues through his work at the Endangered Language Fund.

The DEL program partners with the National Endowment for the Humanities to
offer both grants and fellowships. Submissions are always in September, so
one just passed. However, it isn't too early to start thinking about the
next round though! I encourage you to check out the program solicitation
(and grant guidelines) --links to both are listed below. As well, sample
proposals can be found on the NEH website under the same program name at *
www.neh.gov*<https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/www.neh.gov>
(see
link below).

If you have any questions, my contact information is listed below. Please do
not hesitate to email me directly (off list) or call any time!

Best,

Susan

Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.
Program Director: Documenting Endangered Languages, Cultural Anthropology
National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Blvd., Rm. 995
Arlington, VA 22230
Phone: +1-703-292-4535; Fax: +1-703-292-9068
*spenfiel at nsf.gov* <spenfiel at nsf.gov>

*

DEL Due Date: September 15, annually
*

The *Program Solicitation* can be found at: *
http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=12816*<http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=12816>

NSF Grant Proposal Guide: *
http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=gpg*<http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=gpg>

Sample Proposals:
*http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/del.html*<http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/del.html>

Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.
(Currently on leave to the National Science Foundation.
E-mail: spenfiel at nsf.gov)

Department of English (Primary)
Faculty affiliate in Linguistics, Language, Reading and Culture,
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT),
American Indian Language Development Institute (AILDI)
The Southwest Center
University of Arizona,
Tucson, Arizona 85721