FW: [Trw-general] Maori Language Symposium 2-4 November 2008

Tracy Jacobs Tracy.Jacobs at ARCHIVES.GOVT.NZ
Mon Oct 27 21:57:45 UTC 2008

Kia ora

Sorry - I only just received this.  I realise it's a bit close to the date of the symposium (to put it mildly), but the Te Ataarangi site might be of interest to the group.

E noho ora mai

Tracy Jacobs

________________________________

From: Tania Ka'ai [mailto:tania.kaai at aut.ac.nz]

	Tena koe i roto i nga tini ahuatanga o te wa.

	Can you please circulate this panui to your networks.

	Te Ipukarea - the National Maori Language Institute is holding a Maori Language Symposium (click on

	www.teataarangi.org.nz/maori_language_symposium.html ) from 2-4 November 2008 at Nga Wai o Horotiu Marae at AUT

	University in Auckland.  A limited number of places have been made available at the Symposium to provide for those

	working in the field of te reo Maori.  The programme includes local and international experts in the field of second

	language learning and language revitalisation.  Click here for the programme  www.teataarangi.org.nz/symposium-

	programme.html?lnum=79108

	To register online click here www.aut.ac.nz/schools/te_ara_poutama/maori_symposium_nov08.htm

	For further details please email tania.smith at aut.ac.nz

	Nga mihi

	Tania.

	Professor Tania M Ka ‘ai

	BEd (Waikato), Dip.Tchg (Waikato), MPhil (Auckland), Cert.MDP (Harvard), PhD (Waikato)

	Director of Te Ipukarea - National Māori Language Institute

	Te Ihorei o Te Ipukarea

	www.teipukarea.maori.nz <http://www.teipukarea.maori.nz/>

	www.tewhanake.maori.nz <http://www.tewhanake.maori.nz/>

	www.tekaharoa.com <http://www.tekaharoa.com/>

	Te Ara Poutama /Faculty of Māori Development

	Te Wānanga Aronui o Tāmaki Makau Rau/AUT University

	Wellesley Campus

	Te Pae Tuawhā/WB408 & 409

	Te Whare o Te Ara Poutama/Te Ara Poutama Building

	Te Huarahi o Wellesley/Wellesley Street

	Tāmaki-makau-rau/Auckland

	Waea/Phone: +64 9 921 9999

	Pekanga/Extension 6601

	Waea pūkoro/Mobile: 027 483 5934

	Waea whakaahua/Fax: +64 9 921 9971

This e-mail message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL to the
addressee(s) and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  If you are not
the intended addressee, please do not use, disclose, copy or
distribute the message or the information it contains.  Instead,
please notify me as soon as possible and delete the e-mail,
including any attachments.  Thank you.