Palin attacks Alaska Native languages

Christopher Doty suomichris at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 8 20:04:09 UTC 2008

First, let me say I'm no Palin fan, but I can't find any evidence of
Palin being involved in the court case about fishing, as per this
website: http://www.narf.org/cases/statevnorton.html, nor hunting as
far as I can tell (as per, e.g., http://www.narf.org/cases/ahtna.htm).
 Doesn't mean she wasn't involved, of course, but still..

It also seems rather odd (although certainly possible) that Palin
would be opposed to Yup'ik language use, given that her husband's
grandmother is Yup'ik (http://gov.state.ak.us/bio_firstgent.html)...

Anyone have anything more substantial on the hunting/fishing issues

Chris

--
Christopher S. Doty
Grants and Technology Coordinator

Graduate Student - Department of Linguistics
University of Oregon