Students learning Adelaide's first language (fwd link)

Mon Sep 8 23:22:04 UTC 2008

tá’c haláXp (good day),
This news article and the previously posted article "The resurrection of a
language long lost" (Malcolm King, September 6, 2008) describe the formerly
extinct Kaurna language and the present work of the Australian Kaurna
community
and linguist Rob Amery.  The example cited should be properly recognized both
locally and internationally.  Too, I hope that the important work they are
doing garners the attention it deserves.
While in Adelaide in 2007, I was treated with the greatest of kindness
from the
Kaurna people, especially Dr. Ngarpadla (Auntie) Alitya Rigney, Uncle Lewis
Yeroburka, linguist Rob Amery, and many, many others.
Phil Cash Cash
UofA

Quoting phil cash cash :