Cherokee translation/USA Today

Richard LaFortune anguksuar at YAHOO.COM
Sat Apr 18 13:35:16 UTC 2009

This just came in from my aunt this morning- I tried to locate a link online for USA Today, couldn't find it, maybe someone else will have better luck
-R

Richard
Find yourself a copy of yesterday’s (Friday’s) USA TODAY  and find the Cherokee article on page A3.  We were there!  One of the items of business was a “hiring” of the  Moravian Archives here in Salem to translate our vast holdings of materials from 1801 on – letters and papers from the Moravian missionaries who lived with them in north Georgia until the time of the removal and then more from the early years in Oklahoma.  These are all in German script but contain much Cherokee history and details of daily life which as of yet, is unknown.  An exciting event, to say the least.

Barbara