Request for info from/about indigenous groups that have/have had good relationship with linguists

Tue Apr 28 16:04:25 UTC 2009

Greetings Heather, everybody,
There is an inspirational story yet online regarding the Nooksack situation.
It was originally a news article but now the original news citation is gone,
although it still has the date.
Rebirth of a language:
Linguists, computer bring back nearly extinct Nooksack dialect
http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=0086PN
Anyway, since the original article I think there has been more follow up.  It
was such a great story we later included it in our volume Technology-Enhanced
Language Revitalization (2006) for our AILDI courses here at UofA.
Hope this helps.  And I do know there are more inspirational/good stories out
there on the unique relationships between linguists and indigenous
communities!  Besides where else in the internet universe will such an
interesting question be asked and answered?  Only on ILAT, right...so, please
help us out folks!  ;-)
Phil Cash Cash
UofA ILAT

Quoting Heather Souter :