Protestors decry discrimination against Taiwanese language (fwd link)

Chun Jimmy Huang huangc20 at UFL.EDU
Thu Aug 13 04:52:05 UTC 2009

Thank you Nahed and Bill, for your accurate summaries.

Yes indeed us Formosan indigenes aren't included in the discourses
of the popularly known "Taiwanese Nationalism" and "(Taiwan's
version) Chinese Nationalism." When we do get mentioned
occasionally, I tend to see a red flag signaling some kind of
co-optation.

Jimmy