Dakota Goes Digital!

Beth Brown brow0857 at UMN.EDU
Fri Aug 21 17:17:20 UTC 2009

Learn Dakota at the University of Minnesota – Even if you don't live
in the Twin Cities!

Using the webconference program UMConnect, students outside the Twin
Cities area can virtually participate in class alongside on-campus
students!

UMConnect allows registered students to see and talk to one another
via webconference, and provides instructors with a variety of
presentation options. Computer, internet connection, camera, and
microphone are required.

For more information on UMConnect, go to http://www.oit.umn.edu/umconnect/index.html
. To find out if your computer has  the tech requirements for
UMConnect, visit https://umconnect.umn.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
. If you don't have them all, the site can install them for you.

The following courses will be available through UMConnect for the Fall
2009 Term (09/08/2009 - 12/16/2009):

Beginning Dakota I  (3-5 credits) 12:20pm- 1:10pm, M,Tu,W,Th,F

Intermediate Dakota I (3-5 credits) 1:25 pm - 2:15pm, M,Tu,W,Th,F

Advanced Dakota Language I (3 credits) 6:00 pm - 7:15pm, M,Tu,W,Th

Students must participate in the course during scheduled times.
Standard tuition rates apply.

For information on registration for continuing education students,
visit: http://www.onestop.umn.edu/non-degree/registration/index.html

WebVista course management software will also be used by instructors
to create and manage Web-based learning materials and activities.
Students can use WebVista to access these materials and participate in
learning activities via the Web. For more information on WebVista,
visit: http://webvista.umn.edu/students/

  For more information, contact Sisokaduta Joe Bendickson (sisokaduta at umn.edu
) or Beth Brown (brow0857 at umn.edu).