film/vid authenticity/historicity

Richard LaFortune anguksuar at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 28 00:05:51 UTC 2009

I think the other thing is that increasingly, as we
see special FEX aesthetically filling in some of the
gaps of reality and heightening the accuracy of
content (the director hopes), filmmakers are also
using language as a benchmark for authenticity.  The
notable exception being of course Tom Cruise speaking
flawless American English in his newest WWII movie.
Just kidding.
First Language script delivery gives fictional (or
historical documentaries for example) a center of
gravity and believability that Hollywood and other
film centers seek in an increasingly competitive
market.  'Historicity' (as they used to say in music
theory class) is becoming important to babyboom media
consumers, who presumably have matured one or two
levels above spaghetti westerns since their childhood
:)
 -Anguksuar
--- phil cash cash <cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU> wrote:

> Hi Richard, Good question!� I will just quickly
type
> out my general
> impression
> and maybe others can add on to this.� I am
thinking