Crazy Talk (fwd link)

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Wed Jul 8 15:06:17 UTC 2009

I used this software last year to make Talking Cancer Cells for our NSF-Mayo Clinic sponsored Cancer-Diabetes Prevention Workshop. It is very easy to use. You just need an image, and a recording, and then you can animate the face any way you like. It comes with a collection of eyes, teeth, and emotions.

There is also a studio version that lets you animate 3-D models. I don't have this one.

Mia

-----Original Message-----
From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU] On Behalf Of phil cash cash
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:54 PM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: [ILAT] Crazy Talk (fwd link)

Greetings ILAT,

Today at the AILDI (American Indian Language Development Institute) symposium
here in Tucson (AZ), a presentation featuring the Koasati Language Project
(Coushatta Tribe of Louisana) showed the results of an animation program called
Crazy Talk.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/

The animation was of a simple drawing of an animal speaking Koasati!  It was
impressive.  The presenters said that the software is quite easy to use.  So be
sure to take a look.

The AILDI symposium is going great, btw!  ;-)

Phil Cash Cash
UofA