Endangered ethnic languages -- reviving or archiving? (fwd link)

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Thu Jul 30 01:10:58 UTC 2009

kweh Jimmy,
yep,with that kind of reasoning ,any urge or drift that happens can be
considered "natural"I suppose its "natural" that the ocean floor is littered
with tiny bits of plastic,
because quite "naturally" people have thrown their garbage out
indiscriminately.

I guess its probably considered "unnatural" that i'm aching and straining to
transcribe
ancient wax-cylinder recordings of some of our ceremonial and social songs
that haven't
been sung in a hundred years until I "unnaturally" learn them and re-sing
them again.

what a bunch of unnaturals we are.....thank goodness
ske:noh (peace)
Richard