Students challenged by Tsilhqut ’inlinguistics (fwd link)

Thu Jul 30 16:51:04 UTC 2009

WILLIAMS LAKE TRIBUNE
Students challenged by Tsilhqut’in linguistics

By Gaeil Farrar - Williams Lake Tribune
Published: July 30, 2009 8:00 AM
Canada

Bella Alphonse was just 21 years old back in the summer of 1976 when she first
began working with Dr. Ed Cook on developing a written form for the Tsilhqut’in
language.

“As a child I always dreamed of writing in my own language. I always liked
collecting stories and it was wonderful to be part of this history of creating
our written language,” says Alphonse, who was reunited with Dr. Cook this
summer as his assistant in teaching the intensive two-week Linguistics
130-Tsilhqut’in course for the Weekend University at Thompson Rivers University
in Williams Lake.

Access full article below:
http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_cariboo/williamslaketribune/community/52053652.html