external hard drive recommendations?

Ryan Denzer-King johndillinger43 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 1 20:57:10 UTC 2009

Hi Tania,

I have a Lacie external hard drive that has proved very reliable.  I only have the 500GB model, but they make a 1TB model with an eSATA port, 2 Firewire 800 ports, 1 Firewire 400 port, and a USB 2.0 port: the Lacie 301442U d2 Quadra.  No idea how it would fare in high humidity, but the ridged aluminum casing on the 301442U is supposed to enhance cooling capacity.  As I said, I've never used that particular model, but I can recommend the brand.

Ryan Denzer-King

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:54:18 -0400
From: tgranadillo at GMAIL.COM
Subject: [ILAT] external hard drive recommendations?
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU

Hello

I'm looking to get an external hard drive to do video editing in the field so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.  I know I need 1TB and a e-SATA connection to be able to have both the camera and the harddrive connected to the laptop. Does anyone have any specific models/brands they like? And I'll be in the amazon so high humidity/high temperature...

Thanks!
Tania
--
Tania Granadillo