ONTARIO REGIONAL CHIEF AND CHIEFS OF ONTARIO HONOUR MEMORY OF MAYNARD "SAM" GEORGE

Neskie Manuel neskiem at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 16:28:43 UTC 2009

I heard about Sam's passing recently, and when I heard that I was
saddened.  I had the honor to meet Sam on a bike trip across the country
a couple of summer's ago.  I asked him about if he was satisfied how the
the government is implementing the Ipperwash Report.  He told me that
"any movement is better than no movement".

So everyday I work on something that will help my language, burn a CD,
learn a new sentence, learn a new set of words to use in context.

I think to learn what Sam George did in his case fighting for his
brothers name and his community and applying it to how we apply it to
our own areas of life is important.