2nd Annual Dakota Iapi Omniciye

Beth Brown brow0857 at UMN.EDU
Wed Jun 10 17:38:39 UTC 2009

I attended this Dakota language conference last year with some fellow
language colleagues and we all thought it was outstanding! Many of the
presentations were given completely in the language. Highly
recommended. For more information on Dakota Iapi Teunhindapi
Consortium, visit their website at http://www.dakotaconsortium.com/index.html

Dakota Iapi Teunhindapi Consortium
Presents
2nd Annual Dakota Iapi Omniciye

Victoria Inn, Brandon, Manitoba
June 23, 24, 25, 2009

Tuesday, June 23, 2008
Keynote: Leo J. Omani
“Dakota Oyate in Canada Since Time Immemorial”

Wednesday, June 24, 2008
Keynote: Ryan Sense Wilson
“Cultural/Language Integrity in Education and Intellectual Sovereignty

Thursday, June 25, 2008
Keynote: Stephanie R. Charging Eagle
“Mitakuye Owasin”

Morning session to include keynote speakers and afternoon
sessions to include workshops for students, elders, community
members, educators, and leadership.

Dakota Iapi Akinicapi (Dakota Student Language Bowl)
Wednesday, June 24, 2009.

Registration Contact Person: Diane Taylor
1-204-855-2536 for information
Fax registration form to 1-204-855-3204

Downloads
Registration form