New school

Ted Moomaw ted.moomaw at COLVILLETRIBES.COM
Tue Jun 16 15:04:07 UTC 2009

    way',  just wanted to share with all of you an invitation to

the introduction of our new school.

limlmt,

xʷistsmx̌ikn

Ted Moomaw

                   skʷant snm̓aʔm̓áyaʔtn

                    "The falls school"

swit (who)

 We are ʔaluspuʔús  "hearts gathered together"

ʔaluspuʔús is a non-profit organization established

to provide an education to our children in an

immerssion of the nsəlxcín language, the okanogan

language.

  Our studies will follow the seasonal gathering of

the foods, our culture and our beliefs that come from

our ancestors, our elders, our land, from right here.

 It is our belief that our language and culture will provide

a beautiful way of learning about where we come from,

and also provide the way into the future by helping our

children know who they are. This will enable them to

be, do, see, experience anything their hearts desire in

this world.

stim̓ (what)

we are gathering at skʷant for a pit cooked dinner

and an introduction of our new school.

pnʔkin (when)

at 6:00 pm on June the 25th dinner will be removed from the

ground and served, after dinner we will share our plan and

ideas of what we are all about and listen to your input and

answer any and all questions that you may have.

kaʔkín (where)

skʷant is located at Paschal Sherman, at the old

campus, we have obtained one of the previous

school buildings along with the kitchen.

Follow the signs.