Cunning linguist (fwd link)

Nick Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 4 18:17:39 UTC 2009

Before this gets out of hand I would like to say that I find the title
of this piece to be offensive and have written to tell the author so.
We had a phone conversation which she must have recorded and she has
done verbatim quoting with errors (and there are lots unfortunately)
when I thought she was getting background. I pointed her to our press
room for the conference
(https://sites.google.com/site/icldcpressroom/Home) for clarification
of the detail she was asking about but she clearly has not used it.

Oh well, is any publicity good publicity?

Nick

Nick Thieberger
Assistant Professor
Language Documentation and Conservation