Today's news...

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 15 20:36:27 UTC 2009

Hi Phil,

Just to agree with you -- The Hawaii Conference has been focused,
informative, very well organized and eye-opening in terms of bringing
together so many researchers from both academics and communities together
for a very productive conversation. The themes surfacing seem  be on 1) how
we think about collaboration, in many contexts 2) issues with what is
working in terms of technology 3) Moving documentation toward being more
inclusive of revitalization goals for pedagogy 4) Taking a critical look at
various aspects of documentation with the goal of improving this evolving
field

I'm sure there are many more -- but this is what I was able to pick up on --
There were many wonderful sessions that overlapped so it was impossible to
take it all in -- but it was all enriching and fruitful as far as I could
tell --

Four excellent plenary sessions as well (Thanks, Phil!, for yours!)

Susan

S.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM, phil cash cash
<cashcash at email.arizona.edu>wrote:

> Greetings from the University of Hawai'i!
>
> I am posting today's news from Honolulu and from the current conference
> below.
> It is surely one of the best language conferences I've been too (not that
> I've
> been to many but...)!
>
> Supporting Small Languages Together
> 1st International Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation
> (ICLDC)
> http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/icldc09/
>
> Welcome to all our new ILAT subscribers!
>
> Phil Cash Cash
> ILAT mg

Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.
(Currently on leave to the National Science Foundation.
E-mail: spenfiel at nsf.gov)

Department of English (Primary)
Faculty affiliate in Linguistics, Language, Reading and Culture,
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT),
American Indian Language Development Institute (AILDI)
The Southwest Center
University of Arizona,
Tucson, Arizona 85721