Ojibway tongue is link to our heritage (fwd link)

Fri Mar 20 17:45:00 UTC 2009

Ojibway tongue is link to our heritage

Opinion
Posted By ERNIE SANDY
Canada

This article is dedicated to those who believe that keeping our language and
culture is still a possibility. I hope that this belief spreads across our
First Nations.

There is an inspirational quote I came across many years ago, it goes something
like, "If it is to be, it's up to me." Adding to that quote, it can be said
that if we are to help preserve the Ojibway language and culture, "It is up to
me and you!"

As a fluent speaker of Ojibway, I have always been dedicated to advancing our
language. My goal is to create as many "functional" speakers as possible. By
functional, I mean for learners to have a grasp of the language but not
necessarily fluency. That will come with practice.

Access full article below:
http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1487256