Dictionary building software

Roberto de Roock deroockr at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sun May 31 17:38:32 UTC 2009

Hi...

A recent post on WeSay dictionary-building software (thanks Dave Pearson)
renewed my interest in getting a project moving at the school I teach at to
document the Tohono O'odham language with attention to dialect. So two quick
questions for the list:

Anyone familiar with past or ongoing digital language documentation
projects in
Tohono or Akimel O'odham?

Any other suggestions for software to use? WeSay looks pretty great (I
love the
flexibility and system for collaboration it allows), but we mainly use OSX at
the school (only have one PC but 45 Macs, including for the server)? The
project would have low-literacy students and community members as the primary
collectors of language data and minimize the work at the "center." I am
interested to hear about experiences with WeSay or other software along
similar
lines.

Ideas for grants would be awesome too!

Best,