Fw: Tribal / Indigenous Track at the 2010 ESRI International User Conference

Sandra Gaskell enviro.design at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 4 00:52:07 UTC 2009

read below from ESRI GIS

It would be nice to see more linguistics mapping presented during the international conference in San Diego. There is alot of free assistance. We gained much by presenting and being with the other Tribes at ESRI

I just thought I would forward this invitation from David Gadsden. Most of you probably already know about this, but just in case...there are alot of extracurricular activity for Tribal participants beyond all of the seminars.

Just a thought

Sandra Gaskell, RPA, SLP
MS, MA Anthropology-Geography, CSUS-CSUF
MS-SLP, Northern Arizona University
SLP.D, NSU Candidate

www.arcresours.com
www.enviro.design.org

arcresours at gmail.com
enviro.design at yahoo.com
ascspeech at yahoo.com

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: David Gadsden <dgadsden at esri.com>
To: David Gadsden <dgadsden at esri.com>; Anne Taylor <anne_taylor at esri.com>
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 3:31:50 PM
Subject: Tribal / Indigenous Track at the 2010 ESRI International User Conference

Please join us July 12th- 16th for the Tribal / Indigenous (TRI) program at the ESRI International User Conference in San Diego, California.

Please consider sharing your experiences in your Tribal / Indigenous GIS programs at the conference as a presenter in the TRI/GIS Track.  The 2009 Conference was an amazing event with a full day of TRI/GIS User Presentations, the First Tribal Geography Map Gallery Display and the Tribal GIS.com Booth within the Federal Showcase.  Our presenters and participants represented Tribes across the country and Indigenous Communities around the world.  We hope to continue to expand and evolve this program in 2010 so don’t miss out!  There is no greater gathering of GIS professionals globally than at the ESRI UC, so please consider attending and sharing your experiences with fellow TRI/GIS professionals who are hard at work are addressing similar challenges.  Keep in mind that GIS technology continues to evolve rapidly and these events are a great place to learn and share new approaches to solving the challenges facing Tribal and Indigenous Communities.
 We hope to see you there!

Please take a few moments and provide an abstract using the link below.  The current deadline is Nov. 13th.
http://www.esri.com/events/uc/participate/call_for_papers.html

David Gadsden – Tribal / Federal Account Manager
ESRI – Environmental Systems Research Institute
606 Columbia Street NW, Suite 300, Olympia WA
Phone: 360.754.4727 Fax: 360.943.6910
Email: dgadsden at esri.com Web: www.esri.com