A bridge to the past (fwd link)

Sat Nov 7 17:44:41 UTC 2009

A bridge to the past

Written by Matt Durkee, The Triplicate
November 06, 2009 08:38 am
USA

At age 90 he still aids youths with native language

Archie Thompson learned the Yurok language as a boy living on his grandmother's
ranch.

“She didn’t speak English, and I used to make fun of her all the time, but
that’s how I learned. She spoke to me every day,” Thompson said. “I learned
(Yurok) as I went along. She’d teach me as I went.”

For Thompson, the Yurok language is infused with memories of the sprawling
Klamath ranch and the many Yuroks he met there.

Access full article below:
http://www.triplicate.com/20091106107418/News/Local-News/A-bridge-to-the-past