Wendat(Huron) Confederacy Language Symposium

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Mon Sep 21 16:25:46 UTC 2009

Kweh all,
Wyandot(te) of USA and Wendat of Quebec,and specially involved linguists
will be gathering this next weekend for an important Language
Symposium,"Yawenda"
A Wendat Language Training Workshop in Wendake,on the Wendat Reserve in
Quebec
to discuss the revitalization of our once dormant
languages,standardization,and teaching methods.
It is the first of its kind for us.We have high hopes and many ideas to
discuss and debate.
Once scattered to the four directions the Wendat/Wyandot regroup to honor
our ancient Confederation.

We now have several Wendat students gaining their Masters in Wendat
Linguistics
and one now gaining a doctorate in Wendat/Wyandot languages.
Its a difficult,emotional and sometimes painful process,like pressing
paddles to jump start
a heart that once stopped beating, and yet we know we are the living link
bridging our ancestors
into the lives of our childrens future. We join in solidarity with all
indigenous peoples who
know the value of these efforts will keep us from disappearing completely
into the black hole
of modernity and forget who we are, and how to see the world around us.

we value your support,and your prayers for these important
efforts....tizhaméh (thanks)

ské:noh (peace.well-being)
Sohahiyoh
(Richard Zane Smith)