Student Internships!

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 30 17:13:07 UTC 2009

Dear ILAT members,

Helen Aristar Dry sent me the following note with permission to share it
with all of you:

Last summer was our third year of taking summer interns--it has been a
highly successful program--of the 9 interns we've had, 4 have stayed on past
the summer to work on 4 NSF projects: LL-MAP, MultiTree, LEGO, and now the
ELIIP workshop.

We have also created a linguistics internship register at
http://linguistlist.org/internship/index.cfm

It looks like we have 14 open internships currently listed.  We will be
advertising the LINGUIST List 2010 Summer Internship there shortly.

-Helen
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Buckner, Margaret L <
MBuckner at missouristate.edu> wrote:

> Dear ILAT listserv members,
>
> I am studying linguistic anthropology at Missouri State University, where I
> am a senior. I am looking for a project to which I could contribute this
> summer, preferably one centered on linguistics--archaeological summer
> programs are plentiful, but linguistically-focused project are much harder
> to find. I do not require a paycheck (although that would be nice), but room
> and board in return for my time would be great.
>
> Thank you,
> Braden Elliott
>
> P.S.  Please reply to me directly at:  hobo.hermit at gmail.com

Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.
(Currently on leave to the National Science Foundation.
E-mail: spenfiel at nsf.gov
Phone at NSF: 703-292-4535)

Department of English (Primary)
Faculty affiliate in Linguistics, Language, Reading and Culture,
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT),
American Indian Language Development Institute (AILDI)
The Southwest Center
University of Arizona,
Tucson, Arizona 85721