New Zoom H1 coming

Terry J. Klokeid klokeid at UVIC.CA
Mon Aug 30 01:34:01 UTC 2010

I have seen the posting on the RNLD list.  I expect that the H1 is good quality and good value. I have a coule of H2s and like the  But the H1 is another distracting looking gadget like the H4n, which I also own. The H2 is inconspicuous, as well as good quality. I use this digital recorder all the time, in interviews, meetings, potlatches.  When you want to record Elders, you need something that is not distracting.  If, instead,  I whip out my H4n,  the Elders don't like it, it looks like a space satellite, and in response want to rely on their own comfortable looking, 1970s era  cassette recorders, and I hafta put away my fancy H4n, and hope to get something for the future generations from those hiss-filled cassettes.   These digital recorders are built for musicians (like my wife) and do not take into account our use of them for recording Elders speaking First Nations languages.

On 29-08-2010, at 6:15 pm, Daryn McKenny wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have just posted this on the RNLD list, but seeing as though Australia is last on the list to get the exciting things I was wondering if anyone else, somewhere, already has one and can comment on it.
>
> As posted on RNLD:
>
> Unless you already know about it this is going to be a hum dinger I reckon, price per  performance is going to be hard to beat, $149au
>
> http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h1/index.php
>

> http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=197597&cart_id=C06F782E-AB6D-A388-0A241EA085D7C4C4
>

> Regards
>
> Daryn McKenny
>
> Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. Trading as:
> Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre
>
> P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E | daryn at acra.org.au    W | www.acra.org.au & www.miromaa.com.au
>
> P  Please consider the environment before printing this email
>
> The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.

Terry J. Klokeid
klokeid at uvic.ca