Request for Information on Recordings of Songs in Indigenous Languages

Paul M Rickard okimah at MAC.COM
Tue Feb 2 18:12:25 UTC 2010

Hi Heather

Here is Quebec there a few artists who sing in their language.
CerAmony is one rock groups that sing both in Cree and English who
reside in Montreal. You can follow them on twitter (search for
CerAmony) as well as a Myspace website.  There is also Samian who
raps in French and Algonquain.  In Ontario there is Lawrence Martin
who does sing in Cree.... he's also the mayor of Cochrance, Ontario.

There is a huge group of French and Innu singers from Eastern Quebec
such as Florent Vallont (of course) as well as Kadia Rock and others.

There are a couple of music tv series/shows currently airing on APTN
in Canada, you should visit www.aptn.ca  to see who has been featured
on those shows to get an idea of who is singing in their own language.

Paul