Digitizing cassette tapes

Rudy Troike rtroike at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Feb 12 17:27:26 UTC 2010

Howdy,

   Thanks to everyone for the valuable suggestions and discussions re
converting these cassette tapes to CDs. I really appreciate all the input.
FYI, the tapes in question were made in the late 1960s, as part of the
East Texas Dialect Project, recording schoolchildren in East Texas schools
scheduled for integration, to prepare materials for teacher training in
advance of the integration. They are historically valuable, and I hope
someday to be able to interview some of those who were recorded to find if
there have been any changes in their speech during their lifetimes.

   Many thanks again,

   Rudy