Survey of Indigenous Online Use

Paula Meyer pmeyer8 at COX.NET
Sun Feb 21 06:49:51 UTC 2010

Hello, Jason,
        I cannot give you any people for your survey, but I am answering to
tell you that a friend of mine, Constance Kampf, wrote her dissertation on
your topic at the University of Minnesota.  I can't remember the title, but
you should be able to find it from the U of Minnesota library.  Connie is
now at Aarhus University in Denmark.  Her email address is:  cka at asb.dk.  I
hope this is helpful.
Paula

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Robert Gallagher" <jrgall01 at SYR.EDU>
To: <ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:35 PM
Subject: [ILAT] Survey of Indigenous Online Use

Hello:

My name is Jason Gallagher.  I am a Masters Candidate in the Media Studies
program at the S. I. Newhouse School of Public Communication at Syracuse
University.  I am currently working on a project for a graduate class that
concludes with a publishable paper.  I have chosen the topic of indigenous
use of Internet generated media.  I was wondering if I could have access to
a group   of students that may be interested in taking a brief internet
based survey about media use in order to gather data for my project.  Would
you be able to help me gather a group of students for my survey?  If not, do
you know of an individual who would  be able to provide me some help in
gathering individuals to take me survey?  If there is any additional
information about my project that you might need before you make a decision,
I  would be more than happy to provide you with that upon your request.
Thank you so much for your help, and I hope to hear back from you soon.  I
enjoy all the discussion that I have been reading over the last couple of
months on this forum, and I have been waiting for a moment when I could
contribute to the discussion.  I always fear that I'm going to come off a
little overeager, or unacademic, so I tend to lurk.  I hope to break that
soon.

All the best,

Jason Gallagher
Masters Candidate, Media Studies