user group website for Lexique Pro?

loretta oconnor lmtoconnor at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 1 07:21:42 UTC 2010

Hi Claire,

Thanks for this suggestion, but I'm afraid it's something in the LP code
that generates whatever level of interface involving the Categories field.
(All my Toolbox data is defined as unicode.) After further testing, I need
to correct my earlier description about what happens when reading in a new
lexicon:

-  The data in the \sd field loses any accented vowels, replacing them with
font instructions (e.g. 'acutea')

- Any user-defined labels *do* retain accented vowels - the labels that lose
them are in fact the ones that just repeat the info from the \sd field, by
default (this was what fooled me in my earlier description of the problem)

- There is a pull-down menu on the Category Definition screen where I can
select a properly accented version of the info in the \sd field - ! I still
have to replace them one by one, but I don't have to type them!

Clearly LP recognizes and reproduces special characters such as accented
vowels -- everywhere except in the Categories main processing?

Thanks,
Loretta