Indigenous Peoples Issues & Resources

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Tue Jul 6 04:50:15 UTC 2010

hey Rolland,
thanks for sharing this poem...
i'm glad you had a moment of shamelessness to put it out there.!

I don't know, your last comment sure made my lips pull back on "my foreign
feeling" teeth ....
*"Not to be blasphemous or initiate aggression, I have always believed poets
and artists *
*can also take you beyond where science cannot go..."*
....to smile of course!

Making stuff is as ancient as it gets...chipping out stone scraping and
chopping tools,
and just about defines us as "creators"
I think ol' Hawkins was so dang brilliant he probably realized how little he
knew
and was peaceful about accepting even mysterious possibilities.

Most of us average smart guys simply have a hard time admitting to
truckloads of ignorance.
Thankfully a good marriage guarantees a good sobering encounter with
humility when we need it.

ske:noh
Richard