Indigenous Peoples Issues & Resources

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Wed Jul 7 15:12:15 UTC 2010

I agree MJ,
Evidence for the down-turn slide (in the spiral) of any civilization
is when fear becomes considered "more sensible" than liberty.
Liberty and Freedom are ideals for a young vibrant civilization,
but definition of these terms slowly constrict as society weakens.

Would someone shipping something subversive or dangerous
use "names" that drew attention? I send CDs successfully to Canada often
and "Smith" would seem to be MORE suspicious...wouldn't ya think?

We've been pulled over by officials in the mid-west United States
humiliated, interrogated, and searched for absolutely NO illegal behavior.
But simply because the vehicle had tribal plates and one of our companions
drivers license had the obviously suspicious last name of White Eagle.
The authorities seemed to grow irritated when they didn't find anything
illegal.

This happens way too often..its almost a laughing joke with those of us
who take trips back and forth into Canada for ceremonies. Almost expected.
But i must also say *some border patrols officers are wonderful and
respectful*.
I try to NOT fly into Montreal when i go into Quebec. Quebec City is
preferred.

ske:noh
Richard