Indigenous Peoples Issues & Resources

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Wed Jul 7 18:54:53 UTC 2010

Yes, thank you.  I love spirals and often use them in my own art, currently
that of a crochet hook.  I wonder some times how much the spirals of the sky
have influenced all of us.  Spiral, in English, is not a Œbasic¹ shape;
circle is, as in round, and remember how the early astronomers tried (in
vain) to plot the skies in Œperfect circles¹ because is was the Œperfect¹
shape.  And yet, when we sing a round, musically, it is far more like a
spiral that a circle. MJ