Fwd: Newsletter from Charlotte Harris Rees - June 2010

Bernadette Santamaria bernisantamaria at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 24 16:12:23 UTC 2010

All:

I've been reviewing info on Ms. Rees because as a researcher her claims that
U.S. Indigenous people's "forefathers" are the Chinese (or Asians?) with her
speeches on ancient world maps & that Chinese were first to "discover" this
continent.  Are there any language or linguistic researchers who agree with
her views?

I'm concerned at the stories such as this where a Navajo, on a trip to
China, was greeted by "...distant Chinese relatives there.."  whether Native
people are once again pawns in colonialist/paternalistic attitudes about our
origins still discounting our own creation beliefs.

Does anyone have info on whether she is considered legitimate?

Thanks.

Bernadette A. SantaMaria