user group website for Lexique Pro?

loretta oconnor lmtoconnor at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 29 09:10:10 UTC 2010

Hello all -
I just sent the following email to the Lexique Pro support page -- but
perhaps one of you has an answer?
Thank you - Loretta

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: loretta oconnor <lmtoconnor at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Subject: user group website for Lexique Pro?
To: support1 at lexiquepro.com

Good morning,

I've been surfing a bit, trying to find a user group website for Lexique
Pro. I'm putting the finishing touches on an online dictionary -- hooray
hooray, and thank you very much for this program! -- but having the same
type of problem over and over. I'd be happy to "put this out there", to see
if another user has already encountered and solved these problems, so please
let me know if I should direct this email elsewhere.

Meanwhile...

1) How can I re-use formatting details such as font type/color/size,
language sorts, category names? I've tried copying chunks of a
carefully-defined .Config file to newly created .Config files, but this
doesn't help.

2) I clearly don't quite understand how the function of creating a lexicon
relates to opening a lexicon. I keep re-doing everything every time I create
one (with all my preferences) and then open one (and have to repeat the
process of defining all my preferences).

3) A real heart-breaker: LP doesn't recognize Unicode characters for
accented vowels in my Spanish-language Semantic Domain field. I have to fix
these, one by one, for the default field name and for my user-defined
labels, each time I read in a modified lexicon file! Kinda makes a gal want
to stop fixing errors in the lexicon, which of course I cannot do.

I love the product, but I would also love to stop doing full or even partial
set-ups every time I open a lexicon file.

Please send any suggestions, and thank you for your time.
Loretta O'Connor