South Africa's forgotten bushmen fight for recognition (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Sep 8 16:10:07 UTC 2010

Language is a key component in the aspirations of the Khoi and Boesman
poeple's.

"The group has issued a memo for President Jacob Zuma with a list of eight
demands including full recognition of its traditional leaders.

The memo also calls for "full linguistic recognition of all our indigenous
Khoi and Boesman languages and the capacity to develop and proliferate these
among our people" and "a full review of all land-rights claims submitted by
our people and the proper and sustainable implementation of all agreements
relating to settled claims"."

Phil