ILAT Digest - 1 Apr 2011 to 2 Apr 2011 (#2011-50)

Rudy Troike rtroike at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sun Apr 3 07:43:45 UTC 2011

Re Dale's inquiry re conversational models, I don't have any immediate
suggestions, but it occurs to me that the best way to work with a single
speaker is to go through the course of a typical day, remembering and
reconstucting what it would have been like when other speakers were
around, and then eliciting imagined or recalled conversations with
particular people (unless there is a taboo about that), or imagined
conversations with typical individuals in the community as the speaker
negotiates through the encounters of a day (including evening), and
as differing through seasons as different seasonal activities occurred.

   Rudy