Culture trumps biology in language development, study argues (fwd link)

Neskie Manuel neskiem at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 15 05:35:49 UTC 2011

This is a bit off topic.

I always knew that Noam Chomsky was wrong.  One thing that I noticed
when running was that our Secwepemc word for energetic is cetcet.
When I run, I've been saying it and it feels very natural and it helps
me keep the beat when I'm running.  Saying the word gives me energy.

I went to school for Physics and I look at humans as some kind of
particle.  We are all Individuals.  We are also some kind of wave.
What kind of wave?  I don't know, but we receive and reproduce all
kinds of waves from nature.  Language is comprised of sound waves.

We are not some kind of oscillator, and our languages oscillate at a
certain frequency.  We must choose the rights words to put us in
certain states of mind.

I would like to know if there are any physicist linguists out there?

Cheers.

--
Neskie Manuel
http://stiqt.net