Virtual Keyboards for Over 1,000 Languages - Keyman Desktop (fwd link)

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Wed Aug 24 12:34:25 UTC 2011

> ILAT Note: Do you use Keyman?

FYI - Keyman is a reputable vendor in the industry, and I've installed some of these utilities on my computer without any difficulty.

They provide a free plugin for Windows users who can then download keyboard utilities for various languages. Keyman makes its income by selling the development software to create the keyboard.

Many utilities are offered for free or very low cost by individual developers as a way to encourage computing in different languages.

Hope this is useful information.
On Aug 24, 2011, at 3:24 AM, ILAT automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:25:02 -0700
> From:    Phillip E Cash Cash <cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU>
> Subject: Virtual Keyboards for Over 1,000 Languages - Keyman Desktop (fwd link)
>
> Virtual Keyboards for Over 1,000 Languages - Keyman Desktop
>
> HOBART, Australia, Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Tavultesoft, an
> Australian company, is currently leading the world in enabling
> communication through multilingual keyboards.  Thanks to their ongoing
> efforts, minority communities around the world can participate in the
> electronic age in their native tongue.
>
> Tavultesoft's Keyman Desktop product enables text input in over 1,000
> languages.  Their market leading, multilingual, virtual keyboard
> software allows users to type in the language of their choice using
> their existing keyboard.
>
> Keyman Desktop allows users to effectively write using a computer in
> their own language.  With the last native speaker of a language dying
> every two weeks, Keyman Desktop has become a critical tool in the
> preservation of languages and cultural diversity.
>
> Access full article below:
> http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/virtual-keyboards-for-over-1000-languages---keyman-desktop-128237228.html
>
> ~~~

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=