First Language Speaking Project Inc website

Cathy Wheaton chimiskwew at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 22 15:19:47 UTC 2011

First Language Speaking Project Inc.

The goal of this project is to provide a free way for anyone to learn to speak their language. The sole purpose is oral fluency, a huge gap within First Nation language revitalization programs.

This project and website have been created solely by community member with no support from academic institutions or government funding and yet have an excellent track record. This is an example of grass roots language work in the community by FN people. Our entire board is comprised of FN people.

This site has resources for learning Cree (western dialects), Dene, Saulteaux, Nakota and Ojibwe. This website has:  .  over 1000 MP3 audio files in 7 language/dialects. over 500 video phrases in 7 language/dialects . over 20 sets of flash cards . several sets of oral comprehension quizzes . links to other language learning resources

Website address:   http://www.allanadam.com/index.php?page=lessons