Skype and Language Learning

Wayne Leman wleman1949 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 22 05:38:17 UTC 2011

Phil, a couple of weeks ago a Cheyenne literacy class at the Chief Dull
Knife College Skyped me to discuss some spelling issues. Not learning
learning, but definitely language maintence, or as some call it, language
development. The Skype connection was excellent. I could see the entire
class and they could see me. Their laptop computer was connected to a big
screen and I suspect that the audio was connected to bigger speakers. We
could hear each other. I can imagine doing long distance language sessions
or conference calls via Skype. Skype, of course, is free. And the web cam,
microphone, and speakers to use it are built in to current laptops.

Wayne Leman