Position for Collection Manager of Native American Languages

Linn, Mary S. mslinn at OU.EDU
Tue Mar 22 14:46:12 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I am writing you to announce the that we are taking applications for the position of Collection Manager (CM) for the Nation American Languages collection at the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History at the University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. This is one of only a few digital and physical archives of endangered languages in the US. We are partnering with many different Oklahoma and regional tribes and tribal people as the collection and we are involved in collaboration efforts to make the collection significant to revitalization work. The CM is directly responsible for the processing, care, and accessibility of the collection. In addition, we sponsor programming in language documentation, revitalization, and conservation, and the CM makes the collection available and user-friendly to patrons, and makes it up-to-date as technology and user-needs change. A proactive CM will also help shape the future growth areas of the department. So, this position is unique and exciting, and a great opportunity for someone starting their career.

I encourage you to apply, or to pass this information on to students and others you know with BA or MA degree and experience in language media.

Here are the instruction to get to the application:
http://hr.ou.edu//
left Quick Links: Job Postings
left: Search Listings
Job Listing Number: 11275 (this is enough to get you the full listing and application)
Title: Curator/Archivist I

For more information on the Sam Noble Museum, please go to : http://www.snomnh.ou.edu/
For a brief introduction to the NAL Collections, please go to: http://www.snomnh.ou.edu/collections-research/nal.htm
You can search our catalog at: http://www.snomnh.ou.edu/db2/nal/index.php

Thank you all,
Mary

Mary S. Linn
Associate Curator, Native American Languages
Associate Professor, Anthropology
Adjunct Associate Professor, Native American Studies

Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
University of Oklahoma
2401 Chautauqua Avenue
Norman, OK 73072
405-325-7588 (voice)