Tribe honored for language work (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Mar 31 16:50:56 UTC 2011

Tribe honored for language work

Richard Gomez/Commentary | Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:00 am
USA

Last week in Los Angeles, the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians
received special recognition at the 34th Annual California Conference
on American Indian Education for our work on Assembly Bill 544, the
Native American Languages Credentialing bill. We were also recognized
for our work on Assembly Bill 2089, which extended the sunset of the
American Indian Education Program.

Access full article below:
http://www.syvnews.com/opinion/commentary/article_ae0318f4-5a7d-11e0-9241-001cc4c03286.html