Students tell chiefs they want the language back (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Nov 11 19:34:48 UTC 2011

Students tell chiefs they want the language back

Thursday November 10, 2011
Canada

Five Aboriginal students told the Chiefs of Ontario that language
restoration and retention were the most important aspects to
strengthening First Nations education at the Chiefs of Ontario’s 2011
education conference in Thunder Bay Oct. 26-27.

The conference titled “Our Children, Our Way: First Nation Control of
First Nation Education” had a student plenary where five students from
different First Nations across Ontario spoke to the chiefs directly
about their experiences making the transition from high school to
college or university.

Access full article below:
http://www.wawataynews.ca/archive/all/2011/11/10/students-tell-chiefs-they-want-language-back_22057