INTERVIEW The art of the documentary (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Nov 22 16:13:14 UTC 2011

Volume 131 >> Issue 54 : Tuesday, November 22, 2011

INTERVIEW The art of the documentary

The Tech talks with director Anne Makepeace about We Still Live Here

By Angelique Nehmzow
STAFF WRITER
November 22, 2011
USA

We Still Live Here

Part of the PBS series Independent Lens

Directed and produced by Anne Makepeace

Anne Makepeace, from Lakeville, Connecticut, has been making films for
almost 30 years. Her most recent film, We Still Live Here, had its
broadcast premiere on the Independent Lens series of PBS and also
screened at MIT on Nov. 17. The film is about a movement to revive the
Native American language of Wampanoag. It centers on Jessie Little Doe
Baird, who spearheaded the movement and whose daughter is the first
native speaker in over a century.

Access full article below:
http://tech.mit.edu/V131/N54/makepeace.html