The Endangered Languages Catalog project (ELCat) (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Thu Oct 6 17:12:32 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I'm thinking that such a project was highly inevitable given the
intensity of advocacy/scientific awareness these days.  Within the
news article is a link to the NSF project description, so take a look.

It is soo heartbreaking to know that many endangered language
communities have very little recognition and support.  So I am very
excited for this project and give a shout out to all the endangered
languages and speech communities that deserve very much to be
recognized!  Such a project will do this I believe.

Phil
UofA